... a lot
I've been in an absolute creative rut lately (judging from my lackluster title). Creative in terms of making things but also taking in knowledge from places such as books. I have the music edition of i-D magazine with Rihanna on the cover from last month just sitting on my vanity, unopened. I have Rookie Yearbooks 2 & 3 laying around my room, borrowed from the library about two month ago (the Brooklyn Public Library has an excellent renewal service), waiting to be finished.
Sometimes when I am in school, I imagine myself going home and reading those books while eating avocado toast, where only the latter is accomplished. I don't know, its not like I don't want to read those books, trust me I want to delve into them, but for some reason it isn't compelling enough. There is an idea of me reading them but it never gets fulfilled.
School has been an absolute mess. I think senioritis has definitely hit hard (considering I've had it since junior year). I don't obsessively go check my grades which is a good and bad thing in itself. Now that I've gotten in and committed to a college, everything seems to go downhill from there. I think I've earned it though, I worked my ass off in junior year.
The picture above is a watercolor of a really rad and imaginary girl. Wouldn't it be cool to be friends with a girl like that? Judging by appearance is totally ignorant, but the power and confidence in some people's looks is something to take note of. The basis of the girl is inspired by the overwhelming amount of creativity present at the Brooklyn Zine Festival this past weekend.
Zines are awesome and people should be aware of them. I've been pronouncing it wrong the whole time which was quite embarrassing the first time while talking to the artists at the festival.
So yes, this has been me for the past month. I've been slowly getting out of the rut, now I just need a way to get as much credits as I can for this one class by the end of this week.
P.S. I updated my Nuji account filled with Lazy Oaf pieces, in particular a camp counselor esque shirt that reads Cult Leader, which is a definite goal everyone should aspire to.
P.S.S. Happy Birthday to my wonderful Aunt Chen who just turned 19!

No comments:
Post a Comment