Lucubrate : to work, write, or study laboriously, especially at night
This definition is totally unrelated to the short story, but its a word that my professor said as I was writing this short piece.
...
"Do you think about me?" asked M, "Like do I come up in your head at the most random of times?"
"I thought about you when I was ordering at McDonalds." replied J, "The cashier had the same hair style as you."
"Thats it?"
"Thats it."
"Goodbye J."
...
SETTING : M & J laying in a field of baby's breath or any type of grassy field, laying on a yellow checkered blanket. There is a light breeze, ruffling M's hair once in a while. J having short hair is undisturbed by this breeze.
M : An 18 year old girl. An unusual beauty, one where you have to understand over time. Unusual but intriguing.
J : A 19 year old boy. Features are quite common, can be seen as having a plain face but with a little more. Overwhelmed by the attention M gives him.
...
EPILOGUE : M calmly got up, gathered her belongings and left the field. Tears were in her eyes, her face heated up bringing a rosy glow in her cheeks. A glow comparable found in the women whom Renoir often painted. J stayed, laying there, not understanding the gravity of his words.
No comments:
Post a Comment