A Haul: No.1


On a snowy Monday in NYC, the onset of a a blizzard covered the streets in powder. On this day I decided that it was a great idea to get some beauty essentials. Which it was, don't get me wrong, as Monday + Snow = empty streets & empty stores. I went to a couple of my favorite stores: Kinokuniya Bookstore 紀伊國屋書店, Nature Republic, and Muji 無印良品.




This is my first experience with Ginza Magazine as my favorite Japanese magazine, Vikka, was sold out. However, I think Ginza might become one of my favorites as well. I like the cartoons they have on style pages and the photos they have in this issue is fantastic as well. 


I decided to go with a French brand this time around and deviating from my usual Asian products. I've heard ton of reviews about Avene and I'm really pleased with both of these products. I have already finished a small bottle of the Thermal Spring Water and now I have upgraded to the medium container. The Spring Water is great as it moisturizes and picks up your skin after a couple of hours. 


This Muji Toning Water is a great moisturizing toner and it isn't crazy expensive either. I've been using the travel size for a couple of months and now I have bought a bigger size. There are three types of this toner: light, normal and high moisture, depending on the skin type. Since I have oily skin I use the light toning water. 

The Aloe Gel is one of my holy grail products. It moisturizes very well and it doesn't leave your skin sticky. 


Sun care is important to me and always have some type of SPF on before I leave the house. This time I decided to try out Nature Republic's California Sun Block because of numerous reviews raving about this product. The salesperson in the store told me that this sun block (blue packaging) is suited for those with oily skin types. 

Peripera's tint is a nice in between for those who don't want the heavy feeling of a lipstick but still want great pigmentation. This tint gives a nice berry color to ones lips and can be built up to a full on red. 




No comments:

Post a Comment